On March 3, an online meeting of the Executive Committee of the European Sambo Federation took place.
The following issues were brought up on the agenda:
1. On holding and postponing the international ESF competitions in 2021 (European Sambo Cup, European Sambo Championship among Youths and Juniors, European Sambo Championship, European Cadet Championship).
The ESF Executive Committee unanimously decided to hold the joint European Sambo Championship among Youths and Juniors and the European Championship from 12 to 17 May in Limassol (R. Cyprus). In addition, all participants in the event must pass the COVID-19 test 72 hours before arriving at the competition. Based on the experience of hosting the 2020 World SAMBO Championships in Serbia, this year’s European start will be held in the so-called “sanitary bubble”, which will protect all participants from contact with the outside world and maximally protect them from the possibility of COVID-19 infection.
Within a week, the regulations for holding the European SAMBO Championships 2021 will be finalized and published on the ESF website.
In addition, the Executive Committee decided to postpone the European Cup and the European Championship among cadets to December this year (December 10-14, Romania; December 17-20, Netherlands), and the international sambo category “A” tournament “For the prizes of the President of the Republic of Belarus” postpone to September 6-9, 2021. Also, due to the difficult epidemiological situation in the world, it was decided to postpone the following events until 2022: International Sambo Category “B” Tournament “Cup of the Baltic Countries in Memory of Honored Coach of Russia A. Khlopetskiy” and International Category “B” Sambo Tournament “Memorial Yu.M. Potapov ”. All other calendar events will remain unchanged.
2. On the approval of the composition of the Commissions of the European Sambo Federation.
The Executive Committee unanimously approved the list of the ESF commissions:
1. TECHNICAL COMMISSION
2. DEVELOPMENT COMMISSION
2.1. among youth and students
2.2. among the masters
2.3. among the military
2.4. combat sambo
3. COMMISSION FOR ATHLETES
4. MEDICAL AND ANTI-DOPING COMMISSION
5. DISCIPLINARY COMMISSION
6. FINANCIAL COMMISSION
7. COMMISSION FOR MARKETING AND MEDIA
8. LEGAL COMMISSION
3. On the convocation of the Congress of the European Sambo Federation, the determination of the date and place of its holding, the norms of representation at the Congress. Approval of the draft agenda of the Congress of the European Sambo Federation.
On the third issue, the convocation of the ESF Congress was approved on May 12 at 18:00, which will take place during the European SAMBO Championships and Championships. Draft agenda of the ESF Congress:
1. Report of the Executive Committee of the European Sambo Federation “On the work of the European sambo federation for 2020 ”.
2. About admission to membership and exclusion of members of the European Sambo Federation.
3. On early termination of powers and on additional election of members of the Executive Committee of the European Sambo Federation.
4. About the ESF international competitions calendar for 2021-202__.
4. In the “Miscellaneous” section, a proposal was made to consider the issue of holding the European SAMBO Championships in Italy in 2023.